Monday, January 05, 2009

The Christmas Post

So we had a great 3 week break from school. We spent most of it in AZ. Liz's Grandparents were great hosts at their house/cabin in Showlow. It dumped 14 inches of snow on us the first night we were there. We all had a blast sledding the next morning right by the cabin. It was the highlight of the break for sure.
Me and Elijah sledding. He loved it! If I wasn't so bad at actually taking the pictures, there would have been some good ones of Elizabeth as well.
Noah put some pine needles in his head to give our snowman a mohawk. This is the night we got there, before it dumped the powder on us.

I captured this video on my phone. This is one of Noah's more successful runs. We made a cool little jump with a transition and everything.

6 comments:

Jill said...

That's awesome! I loved when Dad used to take us sledding/tubing. Did you make a 5 gallon coolor of hot chocolate and wrap Noah's feet in garbage bags?

Anonymous said...

lol. No, thanks in large part to Liz's grandparents, we actually had proper snow equipment. That is so funny. I can actually feel the plastic sacks against my skin as I think back.

Amanda said...

"snow" much fun!

Jill said...

lol

And how many times did our snow trips end at the emergency room? I was never bloodied... it was always you guys. Mostly Trevor I think. Do you remember that?

Anonymous said...

... vaguely. Mostly I recall the burn of Carmex, the feel of the plastic bags on my feet and legs, and the innumerable amount of times my fingers would get painfully cold. Oh and the gallons of hot chocolate. Good times.

Melinda said...

You should of given us a call even if you only stopped in for 5 minutes or we met you at Mcdonalds in Showlow and let the kids play! We miss you guys! Next time call us! We're only 20 minutes from Showlow!