Thursday, January 22, 2009

Valley of Fire State Park

So we spent MLK day celebrating the great weather outdoors. About 45 min. outside L.V. there is a SWEET geologic formation called Valley of Fire. It's these really orangie-redish rocks, which stand out from the landscape. We went with some friends and we all had a great time relaxing.

Actual petroglyphs from earlier native inhabitants.


Eli D.

Liz had Elijah go pee-pee in the grass over the Christmas break and ever since then he has wanted to do his #1 business in the great outdoors. He likes to go by himself. "I DO IT!!"







3 comments:

Wolfingtons said...

Looks like a good time!

Ben & Carly said...

I thought I saw you taking a picture of him when I told you to go help him. that's funny, I sure am glad you guys came with us, it was fun time. Aren't you glad you didn't have to blog about how you spent MLK day sleeping till noon. LAME.

Catherine said...

I am glad both of us had an eventful MLK day.You will have to teach me a few things about taking care of boys. I can understand being inspired by the great outdoors to do your business. Wild that he is such a BIG BOY!