Tuesday, October 02, 2007

post weight-loss challenge

Hallelujah, the challenge is over. For those of you who don't know, for the last two months I have been competing in a dental school weight loss challenge with 33 of my classmates. We were in groups of 3 and we put some $ in a pot for the winning team. We gave it our all, and came in 6th out of 11! Weak huh? I know. My concious is clear becuase I worked my tail off and lost 20 lbs. My body fat % went from 11.9 (I know this seems very low as a starting % for me, but our professor took my caliper measurements twice) to a 10.7. I will be returning to my Panda's Express mistress for lunches and late night "you deserve it" meals ASAP.

Sorry, you don't get to see any before and after pics. I didn't take any, and I wouldn't put them on here anyhow! That's about all that is going on in LV for now. Sorry we're a little dull latley!

6 comments:

Jill said...

6th?! Is that evena place? :)

How many pounds did you all lose cumulatively?

Anonymous said...

20 lbs that is awesome! remember when we were drinking shakes and trying to get up to 200 lbs HAHA..

PS. Dont dentist have to have a belly? Plus it can act as a shelf for tools during procedures

amberbuck said...

Lately? How about always. Just kidding. I'm sure your group came in 6th because of that fatty that didn't care to try. Good for you. Must be nice to just drop 20lbs. like nobodys business.

Wolfingtons said...

Congrats. And happy eating!!

the cummard family said...

Aw....I'm needing a "you deserve it" meal right about now. I too am doing this "biggest loser" contest w/ 24 other gals. It's all for one though, no teams. So far so good, but we're only (almost)4 weeks in.....and it's for 11 LONG weeks. Any words of wisdom?

Amanda said...

the frustrating thing about weight loss is you have to constantly think about it. good for you...