Tuesday, December 02, 2008

THATCHgiving '08

We drove over 1000, yes... ONE THOUSAND miles over this Thanksgiving weekend driving from Vegas to Mesa, then to Thatcher.... and back. No accidents, or breakdowns, or speeding tickets. SUCCESS! We all had a great time. Very laid back. Saw a ton of family in Thatcher and Mesa. Thanksgiving is officially my favorite holiday.


This is out back of my Mom's place. This is actually the sidewall of a copper mine dump truck tire. Grandpa Dave is a whiz at engineering and building.


Yep... Liz milking a cow. This is my cousin Matt and his cow Daisy. Liz was very much excited about this activity. I had to "talk" our city slicker son Noah into doing it, but I think he's better off w/ a little quality life experience.


Eli D. on my Grandpa Udall's new John Deere.


NTW riding Matt's horse.


I wish we had more pictures of the zip line. It was the hit of the weekend. Noah must have gone down it a hundred times. I think I might have been the biggest person to ride it. Note the cable sagging and straining under my fat butt. Yes, that's Elijah on my lap. He loved it, but didn't want to ride it again.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Such great pictures!

(You said "fat butt" just like Dad does.)

Ben & Carly said...

Zip line's and oversized tire swings, are you kidding me? of course thanksgiving is your favorite holiday....all we had was turkey.

Smith Crew said...

i love when my dear friend comes to town and doesnt call me.. FANTASTIC(with a Nacho Libre accent) pictures look legit I love thanksgiving as well! miss you guys

lisa said...

I am so sad we weren't there! Looks so fun! Isn't my brother adoreable!!???!?!?!?!?