Friday, July 25, 2008

My wonderful grandmother Leona Udall.

True and beautifully consoling words from Joseph Smith
“…while we are only separated for a short season: their spirits which now exist with God have left the tabernacle of clay only for a little moment, as it were; and they now exist in a place where they converse together the same as we do on the earth…”
“We have reason to have the greatest hope and consolation for those who have passed on, of any people on the earth; for we have seen them walk worthily in our midst, and seen them sink asleep in the arms of Jesus…”
“When men are prepared, they are better off to go hence. The spirits of the just are exalted to a greater and more glorious work; hence they are blessed in their departure to the world of spirits.”

7 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely and consoling.

amberbuck said...

I love that and I'm so sorry for your loss, it's tough saying good bye to grandparents...if we only knew what it was like on the other side, I'm sure we would want to go with them! Russell will be up there Mon-Thurs. next week, working nights so he'll be around in the day...maybe you guys could do lunch?

Hassell's 5 said...

Hi Steve & Liz,
I never knew that Leona Udall was your grandma! Kenyon was my stake Pres. when I was a youth. What a small world! I am so sorry for your loss. She was (and is) a very special lady. (this is from the Hassell's in AZ:-) )

amberbuck said...

Hey, Russell's making me go private, I asked him why and he said he doesn't want strangers looking at our blog...what can you do?

Smith Crew said...

yo! dude my grandma passed away last week as well.. sorry for your loss brother

Anonymous said...

sorry brother. She was a outstanding woman.

Russell

*~Ali~* said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma:( I hope you all are doing ok!