Thursday, October 01, 2009

Good Weather Days

We had a kind neighbor gift us this 3rd-wheel-kid's-bike-trailer thing the other day as he saw us struggling w/ Eli's little training wheel bike. Just one more to our fleet. All we need is a tandem and a 'tall bike' (google it... they are pretty cool) and our collection will be complete. I shudder to think what this life would be like sans beach cruisers.

Elijah loves his new bike. It's designed w/ a little tensioner on the chainless sprocket, to simulate actual pedaling. He doesn't know the difference.

And yes, I doctored the photo. I've been wanting to 'blur' a background for a while to make the people 'pop', and in this case I killed two birds w/ one stone because our neighbor's front yard is literally a dump. He collects junk from who-knows-where and then sells it for metal recycling $. So not exactly a scenic view out our front door.

5 comments:

Jill said...

That's freaking cute. But where does Oli ride? In the basket?

Our bike situation is SAD. I need a trailer or something to old the boys. My bike is just collecting cobwebs at the moment.

M. G. said...

THat is awesome. Jesse is finally getting a bike his size for his birthday this week and then we will all be out all the time....it is already cold in the evenings here, but mid day is sublime. You guys should come here after school...lack of dentists, cheap houses, me, history, NYC, etc. You get the picture.

Wolfingtons said...

Way fun. Thanks for the prescription and the balloons!. They really did the trick.

amberbuck said...

That is the coolest thing i've seen. Good job on the photo editing, i can only wish i were as creative as you!

Christina Eve Lewis said...

Liz, you look so cute! I love seeing you as a mom! Glad I saw your blog :)