Sunday, August 09, 2009

WARNING... Graphic content!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
BAM!! Canker Sore! Well... 'aphthous ulcer' to be more precise. But there is good news everyone! After much research on the matter, I have discovered DEBACTEROL! This prescription only medicament is a chemical cauterizing agent and the pain relief is permanent and immediate! I usually get these little boogers after biting my lip, or when I had braces... I would get them all the time. They can also be caused by stress, particular foods, or even some ingredients in tooth paste (SLS).
This is what it looks like. I plan on having this on hand for my patients, becuase it works soooo well.

6 comments:

Brad said...

Oddly enough I just got my own aphthous ulcer today... it hurts bad. Any advice if you aren't in dental school and don't have free Debacterol? I heard that you can put ground up grass clippings on it... true or false?

steve said...

lol. I've never heard of that! I've tried several other home remedies w/ no positive result. I'll bring some down w/ me when we come down on Thursday or Friday this week.
p.s. I had to get a prescription like everybody else for this stuff... and it was far from free!
p.p.s Debacterol is actually "for professional use" so I'm really not sure if anyone can just get a prescription.

Cathy said...

I just used it today on a patient. It helps them if you put a topical anesthetic on the ulcer first. It is a mirable how well it works. Brad, maybe you can try some vinegar. The debacterol is a strong acid. One of my patients used to refer to it as battery acid. I wouldn't try that though. Love all of you a ton.

amberbuck said...

Oh boy, I've got to get me some of that! I'm the same way with the cankers and my brother aaron can't even talk when he gets one because his whole lip swells up, good research Steve!

Wolfingtons said...

Can you get me some of that? I just got springs but in and it is recking havoc out of the inside of my cheek.

Cara said...

So glad to know that exsists. The Dominican looks like a great experience. I can't believe you're going to be Dr. Wolfington in a few short months!