Monday, March 16, 2009

SUCCESS


So I jumped in my car the other day in a hurry to get a movie rental back on time, put my key in the ignition, turned it, and felt a snap. My heart sank becuase I knew what it was. I slowly removed it and much to my dismay... saw only half of the key. OH CRAP!
Fast forward a few days of hassling Liz to use her car, hours of jamming things in the ignition while holding a flashlight... straining my eyes to peer into the depths of the switch to fish out the stub. FINALLY!! No Locksmith! Yee-haw.

Now I just have to put the column back together.

Shoot.

Eli D. in the house!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Or just use pliers to turn on the ignition. And leave the pliers sitting right on the driver's seat. In plain sight.

Whichever.

Anonymous said...

The ignition wouldn't turn... come on, you don't think I tried that?
The car sat there for 4 days!

Anonymous said...

The same think happened to that old Nissan p/u we had back in the day. we just tore the tumbler block out and started the truck with a screw driver everytime. It never got stollen either.

Russell

amberbuck said...

Did you get to have a spring break? I can't believe how big Oliver is getting, where does the time go? Aren't you done with school yet....we miss you guys.

The Hills said...

i am impressed at your handy-man-ness :) i can't believe how big your boys are getting.. and so handsome!