Thursday, August 16, 2007

This is what yer face looks like w/o any skin and stuff on it!!

So I just did this waxing project and we don't really have anything else to post so I thought I would throw it up and hopefully freak some people out a little. It took me about 10 hours cumulatively. I waxed (using a flame and waxing instruments) the muscles in red and they are the 'muscles of mastication' (chewing) except for the ones associated w/ the eye, and then the extensive nerve networks in yellow (that don't show up very well) and then the arteries which are also in red. Oh yeah, I cut the mandible a little to show the inside nerves and stuff (where I will be sticking most of you with really sharp needles). ha ha.



7 comments:

Wolfingtons said...

That looks very interesting? Was this a project for school or just something you do on Friday nights? Just kidding. It looks cool.

Anonymous said...

both

Jill said...

You should keep that and have it in your office someday. Patients will LOVE to see that right before they get drilled!

amberbuck said...

I was preparing myself to see a dead persons face that you pulled the skin off of or something then was relieved when I scrolled down to find that was not the case. Very interesting though. Sounds like your doing some cool stuff at school!

the cummard family said...

Are you for real. Stop it! Did you really make that whole thing...or just the red and yellow? Looks like you're having a good time!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

no no, my school gave us the blank, hard plastic skull, and it was our assignment to wax the muscles, arteries and nerves on it. ha ha.

Sterling said...

You guys have a great blog! I like the "stache" pictures and the pics of Eli eating sand and golf balls. Priceless! Jenn and I returning to the "blogoshpere" - we updated some of our recent happenings, check it out.